Buying Cheap Software
Cheap sofware is coming common nowdays. Why cheap is best? Where to buy?
Here are selection tips.
Cheap Software Makes a Good Investment
Buying discount software usually makes a good investment. When you buy
software from a company which is commited to low, discount prices, you
get a product with a wider market exposure. Hence, it is easier to get
support and upgrades, and the quality is better. Also, the product has
better chances to survive.
Cheap Software Selection Strategy
- Aim for quality. It takes time to learn new software, and you don't
want to replace it often.
- Aim for compatibility - verify that your chosen software allows you
to easily migrate files to other formats.
- Select software with a large user base. This makes it easier to get
support and reduce your overall costs. A large user base also ensure
that the product will survive.
- Check the level of support offered by the manufacturer.
- Actively search for the best sites.
- Avoid offers received by spam-mail since they may contain hoaxes and
- Determine your real need. It's the 20-80 rules. Modern software commonly
suffer from a feature creep - tons of new features in each new release.
Don't be fooled by the list of features - look for quality. Determine
quality by getting feedback from actual users of the software.
- Check if you need the latest version. If you don't need all the features,
in some cases it's enough to buy old, outdated or used software for
deeply discounted prices.
- Beware of fatware. New software usually consumes more resources, so
buying previous versions can also save you the trouble and expense of
having to upgrade your computer.
- Read my computer security recommendations.
Getting the cheapest price
- Determine if Academic Software & Student Discount Software is available.
Gradware.com is the guaranteed low price leader for academic software
and student discount software. Provides computer hardware, software
and books for individuals and schools. Students and teachers can get
academic pricing, cheap student software and save up to 80% at gradware.com.
- Determine if free alternatives exist. Check places like SourceForge.net
for free software with lots of downloads and a large community of developers
- Look at price comparison sites like getprice.com and at cheap software
sites like cheapsoftware.com.
- Novice SMBs can buy integraded productivity packages like this one.
- Mac users can find wholesale prices at cheap-software-online.com
- You can find deeply discounted cheap software, sometimes from previous
versions, at qualityinks.com.